Saturday, June 21, 2008

Punky's Troubles Continue

So we had Punky's blood re-checked yesterday and also the results of her thyroid test came in. Tim talked to the vet about the results because I was at a play, but essentially Punky has something wrong with her thyroid that will require us to give her a pill every day for the rest of her life. It's really upsetting. And I feel really guilty about the fact that I am afraid I'm not going to be able to devote that much attention to a cat every day for the rest of her life. And how long is "the rest of her life"? She's 12 now. Are we talking 1 year, 5 years? If I miss a pill, is she a goner? (I'm guessing that's not the case.) Anyway, I'm just trying to be lazy and push it out of my mind for today at least. I guess tomorrow or Monday I'll call and get all my questions answered from the vet. And yes, of course, it's a whole other mess of money, but that's not really affecting my upset level. It's just the fact that I am now going to have to get a cat to take a pill every day. Not my idea of fun. Especially since I haven't been able to get the Pepsid AC she's supposed to be taking down her for the last 4 days. Sigh.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry! How frustrating. I can't imagine how to give a pill to a cat. I'm sure there's someone who can offer actual advice on that one. So I'll just offer sympathy.