Friday, June 06, 2008

Gas Mileage disappointment

So I have been guesstimating that I get about 30 miles to the gallon in my little Scion overall. But last time I filled up I decided to actually keep track of how many miles I went before I filled up again. Sadly, that particular tank averaged only 26 miles per gallon. Perhaps I did a lot more city driving than I usually do. I want a Prius, they get 44 miles to the gallon. I wonder if you can fit 3 kids across the back in one of those things? All I can say is that with gas getting more and more expensive and the environment getting more and more "warmed" I sure want to try!

Of course, it's always cheaper to have one paid for car than to buy a brand spankin' new one, so for the time being, we'll be continuing to tool around in the Scion, 26 miles per gallon or not!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm sorry about the gas mileage. I find the estimates, even of in-town driving are generous. My mileage is usually just under 30 if that makes you feel any better. A/C and my tires that are always going flat because of all the s&%$ on the roads don't exactly help.