Saturday, June 21, 2008

Facebook

Don't ever let your husband set up an account for you on Facebook so that he can test some new feature he wants to link into his ticket selling software for your theatre company. Because then every two seconds you will get emails from friends notifying you that they have added you as a friend on their Facebook page and you will feel guilty because a) you have not even been to your Facebook profile, what's on there, naked pictures of yourself? and b) now you feel like you should go to your own never-visited Facebook profile and then onto theirs. And how the heck did everyone find me so fast any way? Is there some Facebook profile troll that notifies you when someone that you are friends with IRL (wow i've used that geeky phrase twice today) adds a Facebook profile? So weird.

So anyway, if you are my friend and want to be my Facebook friend, just know that it's not really me on that page. It is my husband pretending to be me. So don't be fooled!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm just dipping my toe into the Facebook pool right now and I'm like you. I'm not really sure how it all works. And kind of? Not really sure what the point is?