Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Book Recommendation

I just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend checking it out. I'm reading it for my book club tomorrow night, and it was a fantastic book. Set in the 30's in a traveling circus. Fascinating stuff. Go read it, now. And if you don't want to purchase or visit the library yourself, lemme know and I will let you borrow it. Because you don't want to miss it, I promise. I read it in about 3 sittings, it was so engrossing. I read 200 pages Sunday afternoon alone. A page-turner. So go read it already!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Can I call dibs on borrowing?

mamashine said...

I'm so glad to know it's good- I got it through paper back swap about a month ago and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I couldn't decide if it would be my kind of thing. Plus I've been reading Stephenie Meyer's vampire series lately and the change of topics was a bit abrupt. :) But now I'll get going on it.