Saturday, March 07, 2009

Insomnia, Insomnia, right on!

(sung to the tune of Beck's "Nausea"). I've been awake since 3:25 and it's 5:19 now. I only finally got out of bed about 10 minutes ago. I've been an insomniac since childhood and I've always held fiercely to the thought that I'd be able to go back to sleep if I just stayed in bed. Of course, insomnia has largely disappeared since I modified my caffeine habits several years ago, but pregnancy has really brought it back. If I can't get back to sleep, it's going to be interesting to see how I fare with the very busy day coming up on 2 and a half hours of sleep. (I didn't get to bed until midnight and didn't fall asleep until about 1am). Extra bonus: we lose an hour tomorrow night.

The reason I didn't get to sleep until midnight is that poor monkey Stella threw up about 11pm. We were watching "Choke", (which was awesome by the way, I actually liked it better than the novel because it wasn't as gross), which we didn't start until late, so by the time we got Stella cleaned up, sheets changed, back to bed, etc, it was pretty late when we finished the movie. Luckily she hasn't thrown up again, and she was in really good spirits by the time we put her back to bed, so hopefully it was just a one time thing. It was totally gross though. Curry doesn't smell or look as good coming back up, trust me. I nearly retched and had to tell myself, "I am an mama, I can deal with this" as I cleaned up the vomit trail from her bed to the bathroom and changed her sheets. Feeling sick yourself yet? Sorry, hope you aren't eating.

I was having Braxton-Hicks all evening and Tim and I both had the horrible thought that I'd go into labor while Stella was vomiting. Wouldn't that be fun? I am still having them pretty regularly, and really, all I ask the labor Gods is that they let me get through this damn weekend pregnant. Stella's party should be over by 1 on Sunday, so hold off, okay? Besides I don't have one stinkin' thing packed and I don't even have a toiletry bag yet! I have the feeling if I went into labor and missed this shower today, my mother-in-law would never let me live it down!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad that you made it through the shower. =) It was great to see you! Hopefully the baby will hold off a little longer--and that Stella continues to feel good. There's nothing worse than being a kid and sick on your birthday (party day).