Saturday, November 08, 2008

So Tired...

So I am really, really tired. I knew that staying up all night while pregnant would be a special sort of challenge, even beyond what normally staying up all night for Slapdash entails. But the baby seems to love writing. Or at least the caffeine I've been consuming. Because he/she has been kicking way more than usual.

By the way, for whatever reason, I've decided it's a boy. Because I got a bunch of boy clothes from my friend Diana Wednesday night at book club and on the way home had a vision of a boyish version of Tim. Like a 14-year-old version. Super-cute. With the name we've already pretty much picked out. So it's a boy. At least until next Thursday when we are either confirmed or it changes to a girl;)

But I've got my first draft done, actually I finished it about 2 hours ago and have been doing re-writes since then. I'm very happy with it and looking forward to hearing it read and making changes after that. I do wish I'd brought different snacks though. I'm hungry and nothing I have appeals to me!

I'm sorry if this makes no sense. It's 2:45am and I've been writing pretty much non-stop since 10:20pm.

1 comment:

Kate said...

How funny it will be if/when it does turn out that the baby is a boy. I am so impressed with your stamina--I would have enough trouble staying awake without being pregnant. I love the liveblogging that you guys are doing. I've been thinking of you. If it makes you feel any better, we ditched you for the choir's cabaret night and Homecoming today. ;)