Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Packing Fatigue

I have to take a break from packing. I've been packing non-stop since 1 and it's 5 now. That may not sound like very long, but it sure feels like it. Tim's Mom dropped off a ton of boxes and picked up Stella at about 11:45 so I could get work done, and I have been super-productive. I've got the office all packed up, all the stuff in our bedroom and bathroom that I won't need before Saturday packed up, and Stella's room mostly packed up. Of course, now I'm at that weird point of "what do I do next?" I know there's stuff that needs to still be packed, but it's all the odds and ends that don't go together. So I procrastinate. Mature, I know. I could go shove some more stuff in wardrobe boxes, which is probably what I'll do.

Dude, All Things Considered is doing an interview with Seth Green and the other guy who do Robot Chicken and it is totally distracting because they are playing clips. That show is weird. Too weird for me. And I LOVE Aqua Teen Hungerforce. So I know and embrace weird. But not Robot Chicken. I think the fact that it often uses beloved toys from my childhood and puts them into odd, compromising, and totally disturbing situations is what gets me. It actually kind of depresses me when I watch it. Very weird. Okay, wow, tangent much?

Yay, I'm going to go to the grocery store. I need to go and I need a break, so I'm going!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I think packing can be harder than moving. Especially when you get to the end.

yer mama said...

The end is when I usually give up and grab large plastic trash bags. Thats the proper south austin way to do it! lol

Unknown said...

I love the evil awesomeness that is Robot Chicken.