Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The downside of losing weight is...

No clothes that fit! I really wish I'd kept all 12 pairs of capris in my old size rather than planning on selling them to Buffalo Exchange, but then Tim and his Dad took them to Goodwill accidentally instead. I need to go shopping so bad, but Stella no longer allows me to run errands anymore, she just gets cranky and wants out of the stroller or cart. And if you let her walk around, she wants to walk where SHE wants to walk, not where you want her to go. I'm sure this is just a phase, but it's an annoying phase. She's also really cranky today and has a runny nose and a slight fever. I'm pretending like she is not getting sick. Because that way I don't have to deal with it:)

Once you lose a pretty significant amount of weight (I've lost 15 pounds so far), you really don't want to wear baggy clothes that are barely held up by a belt. Funny that. You want to wear clothes that actually show that you've lost weight. I don't want to go crazy with the clothes since I will hopefully drop a whole other size in the coming months, but a few more things that fit and aren't worn out would be nice. I just may have to appeal to the in-laws for some babysitting so I can get some clothes. I mean, we fed them dinner last night, I deserve some babysitting, right? ;)

And thanks to Katie and Christine for the offer of staying at their house while we're living with the in-laws. We probably will take you up on that, as well as anybody else we can possibly abuse. Whenever I don't have rehearsal for Little Murders once that starts up, that is. 3rd cousins once removed in Texarkana, I'm talking to you!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Congrats on your weight loss. You should definitely get a few things to reward yourself for working so hard! You deserve it!

Kate said...

ANY time. Seriously. :)

Congrats on the weight loss! I hear you on clothes that no longer fit and not wanting to spend a bundle on transitional sizes.

By the way, I've always wanted to look half as cute in capris as you do.