Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And now for a little bit about me

So I signed up to be interviewed by Holmes and here are the questions he came up with and my answers.

1. What is Tom Cruise's greatest crime against the people of the Earth?

That horrible smirk he has. Or perhaps just existing.

2. What reality show would you do best on? And yes, COPS counts.

Hmm... They had a reality show to cast Grease, but it was lame and I don't sing and I only dance better than people who REALLY can't dance. But I think that a reality show should be invented where you are competing to be cast in a Broadway play. I want to be in that. Although I'd probably suck, I'd still want to do it. I guess that doesn't answer the question, does it? Isn't there a show called "Are you Smarter than a 5th grader?" I've never seen it, but I think I'm at least equal in intelligence to a 5th grader, so I think I would kick ass on that show.

3. Do you find yourself to be frequently misunderstood in any way or by certain people? Explain.

Directors just don't understand me. Don't they realize I CAN play a lead? Really, I'm quite sure of it. I don't have to just play second fiddles and cowboys who are supposed to be men played by women.

4. Your band has one album left on your contract to your record label. You're in a hurry to get it done so you can focus on your burgeoning acting career, so you decide to do an album of covers. What songs do you bring to the band meeting and why?

Hmm, at first I thought this question was just what band's songs do I bring to the table. That's easy, The Smiths because they are the best band on earth, but then I realized you asked for specific songs. Here's a few that come to mind:

-For Real by Okkervil River - I was cleaning the old house yesterday and took a break when this song came up on my Ipod. I turned it up loud enough for my ears to bleed and danced like a banshee in my empty living room. This is the coolest goth song. It's all about violence and destructive behavior. Awesome. It gives me goose bumps. Also, it has a reference to a bus almost coming crashing to its side as it swerves from us. I like songs with fatalistic people and buses, as you'll see from my second choice-

-There is a Light that Never Goes Out by The Smiths - "And if a Double-decker bus comes crashing into us, to die by your side, such a heavenly way to die." When I was 15 or 16, we were all riding in a car with this chick Laura and she just started freaking out, playing this song over and over, (which was REALLY difficult in those days as we only had tape players in our cars), and finally she broke down crying and screaming and pulled over and my friend Philip, who I would have totally sung this song to because I worshipped him, had to drive. It was such a Smiths moment.

-Valerie Loves Me by Material Issue - Oh, I love this song. Ever since I first heard it, when it comes on, I have to stop what I was doing and dance like a maniac and sing at the top of my lungs.

5. Was Stella so named so that your house could be full of Brando moments? Or is it just a name you liked?

Actually, I naively thought that no one knew "Streetcar Named Desire" except a few theatre geeks, seeing as the play was written nearly 60 years ago and the movie is nearly that old as well. I forgot at the time, I suppose that I am a theatre geek and therefore surround myself with them. I was even more surprised at how many "civilians" apparently are familiar with Tennesee Williams. We get a lot of "STELLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" from total strangers all the time. We also once got a "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" reference from an African American guy who was making my sandwich at Subway in Huntsville once. That was interesting.
We picked the name because we both absolutely loved it and just kept coming back to it, but here are some of the reasons why we loved it:
-it sounds tough like a 1940's movie heroine
-Stella Lily could be the stage name of a Grand Dame of the theatre (we want all our daughters to have the option of being grande dames of the theatre)
-Stella Artois is an excellent beer we drank a lot of in England, so it reminds us of our time there
-Stella Was a Diver and She was Always Down is a great song we love by Interpol that has the line "Stella, I love you, Stella I love you, Stella I love you" in it. Although we think the song is about something we definitely don't want to relate to our child...
-Stella means Star in Latin and I love stars
-We do like the Tennessee Williams connection, yes, because we love theatre and I in particular love Tennessee Williams

If you'd like to be tagged for this one and answer a series of questions written specially for you by me, just follow the instructions below.

Interview rules:1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Pretty easy!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Woohoo I can do this. Interview me!!