Friday, May 18, 2007

Stella the party girl

Stella and Daniel fight over the bottle of bubbles at the park today
Stella is currently calling to me over the monitor from her crib, where I have tried putting her down for her afternoon nap. I'm not real confident it's going to be successful. First, she was calling "Mama" over and over, which is actually a really good way to pull on my heartstrings. She's been able to say Mama for several months, but doesn't use it a lot around me. Today she has been saying it A LOT. So cute. Then she moved on to "Dada", I guess giving up on me, but he's not going to save her because he's at work. Then she went "Whoo-hoo!" like she was having a party up there and trying to lure me in. Now she's just babbling. I don't really think this nap is going to happen, which is why I am blogging instead of doing the 20,000 other things I should be doing. I have a hard time getting started knowing that I'll probably have to stop in like 5 minutes.

Tim said last night "it's so hard living in a construction zone." He is so right. The normal cleaning gets neglected in favor of doing fix-ups and it's easy to just let clutter accumulate because everything's a mess anyway. I get so overwhelmed thinking we'll never have it done. I painted trim and doors for 5 and a half hours yesterday while Tim's Mom watched Stella, and it looks great, but there's still so much more to do. We're going to have to commit to just doing stuff every night, all night and getting fast food so we can get it done. It's a bear, let me tell you. Luckily, Tim's parents have been helping, both by watching Stella and by actually doing work, it's been really nice of them. But my advice: don't move, just stay in your house forever.
Okay, now she's really wailing, guess I'd better go into "abort nap mode".