Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My friend Al is one of the funniest people in Austin!

We had a great night last night. We went out to celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary while Tim's parents stayed with Stella. First we went to Pappadeaux, (thanks to Christine, Brian, Caroline and Daniel for the gift certificate), for dinner, then we went to the Capital City Comedy Club to watch our friend Al Im compete in the semifinals for the Funniest Person in Austin contest. It was a blast, not only was Al HI-larious, there were a lot of other really funny people performing as well. AND we were so happy that Al was chosen to compete in the finals next week! He was the very last name called, so it was a bit tense there, I'm sure Al was about to crap his pants. I don't know if we'll make it or not next week, we have to see whether our on-call babysitters, aka grandparents, are up to it, and I think they sell out fast, but I'm so glad we got to see him this week. I know Al will kick some butt, go Al!

No comments: