Friday, May 04, 2007

7 Random Facts about ME!

Kelli tagged me for this one, I feel really special:) And I mean that in a non-sarcastic, non-Eddie Haskell way! Warning, I have had one (1) Boddingtons, so my typing skills are not at their peek. Nor my mental skills.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1) I am double-jointed in my thumbs. I used to pop them all the time when I was a kid, but they started to ache, so now I almost never do it because the feeling makes my skin crawl.

2) My best friend in high school, Josh, told me when I was a sophomore that his other friends thought I was mean, so after that I always made (and I think still continue to make), an effort to be nice. Although it's not an effort anymore or anything I am conscious of.

These are really lame facts. Sorry guys, it's just stuff that's popping into my head that I have not shared before on this blog. My thumbs now hurt because I was trying to show Tim what I can do with them, but he wasn't looking anyway. Ow.

3) I cannot believe I am sharing this. In high school, my same friend Josh told me that if I hadn't lost my virginity by the time I was 16, he would do the honors. I had the date written on the calendar and everything. This is pretty sad, but in my defense, I was only 14. Luckily, he came out as gay so I did not have to take him up on his offer.

this is difficult

4) I hate the vast majority of rollercoasters. It all started when I was 9 and my father and I went on Space Mountain at Disney World as my first rollercoaster. I was so scared, I yelled things at my father that one should never yell at their parent. Lots of expletives, I'm afraid. Well, expletives a 9-year-old knows. Tim did not believe how scary I found them until we went on the Joker at Fiesta Texas and I screamed and cried and had my eyes shut the entire time. I simply do not like the sensation of falling and not knowing what's going to happen next. There are a few I enjoy. Excalibur at Astroworld (oh, no, Astroworld is gone, I'm suddenly very sad!), XLR-8, also at Astroworld (you were hanging from the track, so it felt more secure), and the runaway Mine train at both Disney World and 6 Flags Dallas. I've also ridden Greased Lightening at Astroworld a couple of times and found it scary, but yet exhilarating.

5) I played bassoon in 6th-8th grades.

6) I was on Pep Squad in 9th grade and tried out for the drill team, the Starlettes, at the end of the year. The audition song was "Move Any Mountain" by The Shamen. I so horribly botched my audition, I couldn't listen to that song for years without bursting into tears. The way you would find out whether you made it or not is that we all filed into the gym, and there was an envelope with our name on it. You'd open the envelope and if you got a little boot, you were a Starlette. If you got a horrible little prayer that basically said, "Right now you feel miserable and like your life is over, but tomorrow is another day and you will wake up and go on", you didn't make it. And you started bawling. Even if you had resolved to be stoic in the face of adversity. But my mother still gave me balloons and flowers and let me stay home from school the next day. Yep, my parents rock.
A similiar thing happened the next year when I auditioned for Winterguard and the audition song was "Under the Bridge" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I was more sick of that song than anything else.

7) I have been known to talk in my sleep. I know that one's boring, but dinner is ready. I'll give you bonus fact to make up for it: my middle name is Denise.

So I tag: Travis, Ashley, Tim, Tara, Erin, Julie and Marsha

1 comment:

Julie H. said...

Dude! Excalibur? That's the rollercoaster previously known as the Dexter Freebish! I *loved* that rollercoaster. It was the first rollercoaster I ever rode. Of course, I love ALL rollercoasters, especially the biiiig baaaad ones, but I even loved the short but sweet little ride ya got on the Freebish.

Ahhhh, good times. :)