Thursday, February 05, 2009

In sync

Tim and have an extra babysitting night tonight and there are no plays open (except Dancing at Lughnasa and Tim has forbidden that one), so we're going to go see a Best Picture Nominee. Out of the 5, my top two choices would be Milk (even though I shouldn't forgive Gus Van Sandt for Paranoid Park, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But he did make Drugstore Cowboy, my favorite movie of all time and the movie that turned me onto arthouse and independent cinema.) and Frost/Nixon. Tim piped back with Slumdog Millionaire, which I'm sure is fantastic, but I don't really want to see right now. So Tim eventually comes back with, "man, I was just thinking about what a boring person I am that my first choice is Frost/Nixon." And I came back with, "that's my first choice too! i guess we're both boring!" Ah, I'm so glad I found my fellow history geek. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kate said...

You two are so well-suited--It's great to see. Have fun at the movie!