Sunday, February 01, 2009

32 Weeks and Baby Room pics


So I'm 32 weeks today! Only about 8 weeks, more or less, to go. I had Tim take a belly shot outside since the weather was so amazing today. It's not one of my best, but you can at least see how huge my mid-section is getting. Tim says I really need to work on my potbelly;) Also, check out how low I'm hanging. For comparison, here I am with Stella at 32 weeks:


Everything's pretty much still pulled in. I'm sure the difference is due to the fact that my uterus is already all pre-stretched out this time around.

We got the curtains up in the nursery, so I snapped a few pics:
That big hole in the corner is where the awesome rocker we plan to get will eventually go.

There will be two shelves between Tim's cool handpainted tree and the changing table for diaper stuff, medicine, etc. I might put construction paper in the front of the drawers so you get color and not clothes. The baby's name letters will be above the crib, of course.

I am totally in love with the room. Is it bad that I want to live there:)

We were very industrious yesterday. We went to IKEA, registered at Babies 'R Us, and went to 3 different Targets to get curtains for our room. We found these curtains at Target that were on MAJOR clearance ($10 a panel!), so we scoured all the Targets to get enough. We had to pay $13.98 for 3 of them, but even at that price, it was a steal. So we don't have to spend the new baby's college tuition on curtains for our room. I couldn't believe Tim and I agreed on something AND it was on sale. Hallelujah! We had a great time doing all this stuff just the two of us. Tim said it was like stepping back in time when we could do everything at a leisurely pace and didn't have to worry about racing through stores while simultaneously trying to keep a toddler happy. We were pooped though. We are definitely out of practice as shoppers. Going to that many stores left us exhausted!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love the new room! Seriously, it is hard to remember it the old way now. I love the colors and the fabrics and the tree! Oh, and the mobile above the changing table is fabulous. And you? You look fantastic--as always. I love your haircut!