Friday, February 20, 2009

Couples Meme

I've gotten tagged on Facebook by a couple of people, but I would rather post it here, as I only use Facebook grudgingly. If you're part of a couple, please do it if you have time, I'd love to see your answers!

Much like the 'About me' notes, you also once you've been tagged, send it back to the person who tagged you, and all those you want to do it as well!! This is kind of like the 25 things - except they are pre-decided questions and it's about you and your spouse, not just you. Come on, play along - inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

♥ What are your middle names?
Denise (me)
Woods (Tim)

♥ How long have you been together?
We officially started "dating" when our friend Seth Riddle asked if we were going out. We answered yes on October 1st, 1996. We started dating just a few days before that. We've been married (odd it doesn't ask this question) since May 15, 1999.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About a week.

♥ Who asked who out? Technically Tim asked me out, but I kept dropping hints. Our first unofficial date happened because I found out he was going to see a play, (Maribou Mimes), and I got a ticket so I could worm my way in and sit with him. We sat and talked for 2 hours afterwards and so I said a couple of times, "we should have gone for coffee in all the time we were sitting here." Luckily, he got the hint. I was in attack mode;)

♥ How old are each of you? We're both 31, although his birthday is 4 weeks before mine:)

♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most? his. My brother is a bartender and works weird hours, so we only see him when we go to Houston, usually for Sunday lunch. Tim's family is more likely to travel to Austin, and there's more of them, so we see them a lot.

♥ Do you have any children together? Yes- Stella Lily, will be 3 on March 24th and BabyBean, a girl, due March 29th

♥ What about pets? Names? Lucy- a dachshund/chihuahua mix we got after we'd been married about 10 months, and Punky, an evil cat that I got about 2 weeks before we met. We also had a sweet Llapso Apso mix named Roxie who passed away last April. We would really like to get another dog, but we're holding off until the baby is at least a few months old. (It's taking all our will power!)

♥ Did you go to the same school? college, yes, high school no.

♥ Are you from the same home town? No

♥ Who is the smartest? He is. He knows a little bit about everything. It's really annoying. But I'm much smarter about music and pop culture, and he does bow down to my superior knowledge in that arena;)

♥ Who is the most sensitive? That's a tough one, I don't know. I guess I am, but I don't think I'm particularly sensitive.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? El Chilito, P. Terry's, Pokejo's, Freddie's.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? England/Wales

♥ Who has the craziest exes? Neither, but I think I have better stories. Like "Cappio Man", the guy who wore women's shirts and worked at Contempo Casuals.

♥ Who has the worst temper? I think me. It takes a lot to get Tim riled up, although when he does, it's really scary. I'm the type that he used to be scared I'd get him into a fight when someone cut in line or something. Having children has mellowed me tremendously and I no longer do that sort of thing.

♥ Who does the cooking? Tim, although I make breakfast.

♥ Who is more social? Me, but we're both pretty darn social, thankfully.

♥ Who is the neat-freak? Me, but Tim helps keep it up. I just think if he was on his own, he wouldn't be as neat as he is with me.

♥ Who is the more stubborn? Tim, by a long shot! He always insists he's right. Often I just wait and let him make a mistake to prove he's wrong. I know, I'm evil:)

♥ Who hogs the bed? I think he does. He says I do. I think this is in the eye of the beholder.

♥ Who wakes up earlier? He's been getting up with Stella lately most of the time, so he does.

♥ Where was your first date? Mojo's coffee, followed by the slab at Jester. It lasted until 3:30am (completely innocently), we just didn't want to stop talking and say goodbye!

♥ Who has the bigger family? Tim. He's the third of 4 children. I just have one brother. He also has a large extended family (his Dad is one of 11 children).

♥ Do you get flowers often? No, but he does lots of wonderful things for me that show love a lot better than a bouquet of flowers!

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
With both our families, one at a time. We have spent it alone before though. It's just more fun with our families!

♥ Who is more jealous? Neither of us is jealous. We trust each other completely, so there's really no reason to be.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
We were serious almost immediately! It was definitely love at first sight on both ends, I think.

♥ Who eats more?
He does. Which is why when we first got married I gained 20 pounds trying to keep up!

♥ Who does/did the laundry?
We each do our own laundry ever since he accidentally washed a dryclean only dress our first year of marrriage. I do Stella's and the household laundry.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Tim, he'd better be since that's what keeps me in furs and diamonds;)

♥ Who drives when you are together?
I used to drive most of the time, but lately I think we've been splitting it more.

No comments: