Thursday, December 04, 2008

And then on the Other Hand...

There are those days that make you go, "why did exactly did I decide to become a parent?" This morning, barely out of bed, Stella was already throwing tantrums. Fine, we got her to school anyway. She's been a bear all week. Then at 1:15 the phone rang. I knew before I even answered it that it was her teacher. Of course it was. Stella had been disrupting the whole class and refusing to nap. She had been saying "no, no, no" over and over again. Nothing would get her to calm down and go to sleep or at least be quiet. Tuesday they went through the same routine, except it ended with time out and then a talk with her teacher rather than me being called to pick her up. So of course I go pick up Stella and then her teacher gives me an extra bonus problem: Stella pooped in her panties. Yay! I was again told to talk to her about the nap thing and her teacher told her that if she pooped in her panties again she'd have to go to pull-ups. Great. I would not say this was my most embarrassing day (trust me, I have embarrassed myself a LOT in my life-it's sort of my super-power), but it's certainly not my proudest. I guess this is just the first in a long line of times my child embarrasses me. I know I embarrassed my parents a lot. When I think of how they must have felt when they got called by my teachers/principal about me, hoo-boy, I guess I have a long way to go before we're even!

I don't think my day of fun is over yet (did I mention I spent all morning getting my oil changed and my inspection?). Stella is chattering away in her room and already told me she won't nap. She says she doesn't want to nap at school anymore either. So the teachers are graciously letting me try again Tuesday, but after that it's back to early pick-ups if we don't succeed. I think all of Stella's turmoil this week is related to the milestone of potty training, but her teacher thinks it's related to me being pregnant. I sure hope it's the potty training thing, I don't want this to be a long-term problem!

No comments: