Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Toddler Power Struggles

So Stella's newest place to test her power, I guess, is naps. For the past few days, she's been napping for a very short period of time after a half hour or more of me putting her down, her crying and screaming, we going in there, me leaving, etc. And usually I wind up getting her up and then trying again later. Right now I am listening to her screaming on the baby monitor. I'm sure she's standing up and staring at the binky she threw on the ground. Really, the screamed "Mama"'s do make her act much more effective in getting to me, but I'm really going to try the wait a few minutes, go in, wait a few minutes, go in, at least as long as I can stand it today. Then I suppose I'll give up and get her up and she'll wander around the house banging into things until she passes out from exhaustion. Today was weird because we went out for lunch with Tim and afterwards she passed out in the car. Usually I can carry her up to her crib and she'll nap no problem. But today she awoke and now she's started this ridiculous cycle. Dammit, I need you to nap, girl, I need to score my script! I have a schedule and I need to stick to it!

1 comment:

mamashine said...

I can't handle hearing it. I just turn off the baby monitor and pretend he's sleeping.