Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quick Re-cap

I'm going to borrow the bulletpoint style from Kelli because that's all I have time for these days!

-Last Monday (April 6th), we went to the doctor for Etta's 2 week check-up. Her stats as of then:
Height: 21 inches (75th percentile. Obviously they didn't stretch her out all the way at the hospital.)
Weight: 7 lbs, 8.6 oz (25th percentile. I never thought I would have a baby in the 25th percentile in anything! There is nothing wrong with ANY percentile as long as a kiddo is healthy, but after having Stella, the super-chub, you just assume all subsequent chillins will take the same route. But it's pretty cool to have such a different experience this time. That said, I'm sure Etta will be a super-chub in no time!)
Head: 14cm, 50th percentile. I think that's exactly the same as Stella.
Overall, a clean bill of health from Dr. P!

Not too excited about leaving for her first walk
-This past Sunday, Etta had her first walk and first outing to the park. She was pretty unimpressed, but Stella had a great time, and it was a beautiful day. Being Easter, there were a ton of family parties in the park. Say what you will about our neighborhood, but its inhabitants know how to throw a party!

Chillin' on the bench with Daddy


-Monday, my maids came. My house was immaculate! I felt like we should just cover everything with plastic and move! Of course, we didn't, and by the end of the day Stella had already gotten footprints on the wood floor in the entry way, but the house still looks awesome. All the scrubbing and dusting is going to last for a while. And we have DUST-FREE BASEBOARDS! Awesome. We also took Etta for her first meal out, to McDonald's for breakfast. Then we spent the rest of the morning outside while the maids cleaned. It was very nice.

-We took out the bushes on the back patio and planted some new plants and it looks gorgeous. Our view is now completely unobstructed by those hideous bushes. We had to live with them for a while, though for me to be sure that they needed to go.

Before outside: (the only picture I could find quickly was from before we bought the house.)
After (obviously, we've made other changes as well, namely painting the house and the solar screens):It'll look even better once we re-do the pieces of wood surrounding the beds (we're going to probably paint them the same color as the house), and when the plants start taking off.

Before Inside:

After inside:
-I ordered a sit and stand stroller from Amazon last night. It's the Joovy Caboose and has really great reviews and was on sale, so I decided to go for it. The trip to the park Sunday convinced me that when I was by myself I needed a way to get both Stella and Etta to the park. We don't have sidewalks in most of our neighborhood, so it's important that Stella is contained.

I spent way too much time getting the perfect picture for the plants portion of this post, so I'd better get going if I want to get anything done today! It's back to normal life, as my mom is gone this week so we're having to do our laundry ourselves and procure food for ourselves. If you saw our pantry, you would realize we're doing terribly at this second thing!

No comments: