Thursday, October 16, 2008

Impeccable Timing

Stella's sicknesses have incredible timing. Last time she was sick, she missed the first week of school. Today she's missing picture day. She's been teething and so late yesterday afternoon when she had a fever of 101, I chalked it up to that and we gave her ibruprofen before bed. Then this morning she woke up with a fever of 102.2. We gave her ibruprofen, but we can't very well send her off to school with a fever, especially one that high. So I guess she misses out on pictures! And I spend another day cooped up with a cranky toddler. (It rained yesterday so we were inside most of the day. Today it's cold, so I don't know how much time we'll spend outside). On the bright side, tonight is date night and we're going to see Dug Up, Cindy Williams' new script, at Austin Playhouse. The very talented Liz Fisher and Jude Hickey are in it, so I'm super-excited!

BTW, just wanted to explain that I haven't been posting much because Stella's naps have been getting shorter and shorter: an hour to an hour and a half. Since I still need to nap every day, I don't have much time for blogging. I'm either getting stuff done or reading other people's blogs! But I definitely need to blog about my Casket of Passing Fancy experience and the Pumpkin Patch.

No comments: