Thursday, August 28, 2008

Preschool Open House

So we went to Stella's preschool open house tonight. I was actually NERVOUS as we walked up, which is of course absolutely ridiculous, but it turned out to be awesome. The classroom is really nice, the teachers are really nice and she was the best behaved of any of the kids. Really. Hopefully she won't get wailed on. She's also one of the youngest in the class, I think. She's in the 2 and a half year olds class, but won't be 2.5 until September 24th. I think most of the kids turn 3 this fall. Oh, well, she's one of the oldest in her playgroup, so I think it will be a nice change to be one of the youngest. Also, there are 8 girls and 4 boys, which will be another change from her usual life, which is overwhelmingly boys.

She refused to let me change her dress or fix her hair much, plus she has a scratch on her face from when Tim accidentally grazed her with a branch last night, so I was worried that would affect her being accepted into the group. Then I realized luckily I don't think that behavior turns up until mid-elementary school. Phew!

She loved it, of course, and we had to drag her out. Can't wait for Tuesday!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That sounds wonderful! And how could someone not love Stella? =)