Monday, February 18, 2008

Hemmoraging Money

You ever feel like you're hemmoraging money? Yeah, that's the theme of this weekend. First we went to church to get our picture taken for the directory. Free, but the pictures turned out really well and so of course we had to get some. And because that's the racket, they cost an arm and a leg. Then we went to IKEA, where we actually didn't do too bad except for the all the LGT stuff we had to buy. But the kicker was Sunday. Tim did research and decided he needed a top of the line edger (and I'm sure he's right). So we dropped way too much on that, plus the accoutrements. Then while Tim was using his new beloved weed wacker, he hacked one of the lines going to the air conditioner, so this morning we've dropped even more cash on getting that fixed AND discovered that something that costs bookoo bucks to fix on our furnace needs replacing. At the very least, that should be covered by our home warranty, but we'll still have to pay for another $70 service call on top of the $200+ we paid the guy today. Sigh. I guess this is what happens when you buy a used house. And I love my house, but I sure would prefer to use my money on something more fun and interesting.

I can't wait for that check from Uncle Sam in a few months. As things stand now, that's going to pay for our Mexico vacation, so I sure hope it comes through!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better, we had to fix the hot water heater in our 5 year old house.