Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bad Mood

I am in a bad mood this afternoon. I read Travis' blog and he is in a bad mood too, so perhaps it is something in the air. We went to playgroup this morning and Stella got to play at her "boyfriend" John David's house and I got to hang out with mamas, so I should be in a great mood. I think perhaps it's something subconscious related to the fact that it's Valentine's Day. I always hated Valentine's Day when I was single, and just because I've been in a relationship for the last 12 Valentine's Days, I still can't really get into the holiday. I think it's just an excuse for Hallmark to sell you crap and make single people feel bad. Usually Tim makes a fantastically elaborate dinner for me, but this year we are so busy we've decided to scale way back. Perhaps some take-out, some homemade dessert, and a bottle of wine. And spending time together, which we haven't been able to do much of lately.

Tuesday Stella saw my Coke Zero and said "Coke". So bizaare, I don't remember ever using that word with her. We rarely talk about coke because neither of us really drinks it. We usually call it soda. (I know, how northern of me. At least I don't say pop.) She used it again yesterday when I was drinking another Coke Zero. Today when we came home from playgroup she asked for her Daddy and I said he was at work and she started crying. It was really sweet. I think both Stella and mine's disposition has improved dramatically since Tim started working from home 3 days a week. It's so nice to get to have lunch together and we can pop in and say hi. When Stella melts down, Daddy can just pop in and give her a hug. It helps tremendously. I hope we can continue to do this for a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this situation lasts a long time too. Stella's pappy says I'm ruined for life. It's pretty wonderful.

Kate said...

Your situation sounds wonderful!

We don't "do" Valentine's Day, either. I did have a good day with the singing Valentine's at school and all the kids on a sugar high. I just went with the flow and laughed along with them. I figured that the kids who were having a bad day would also enjoy a lighter class.

I'm sorry you're feeling crummy.

yer mama said...

We aren't doing much except having some yummy fish and organic wine (yum!). I have never been into V'Day.