Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Five Pounds to go! Five pounds to go!

Not until I recover my pre-pregnancy weight, but until I can fit into some of my old jeans and capris! I actually decided to try a few of the ones I remembered being a bit more generous on this morning just to see and I was able to get them zipped and buttoned! I had to suck in and pledge not to breathe too much, but if this was the 70's and you still wore jeans so tight you needed a coat-hanger to zip them, I could totally don my trousers. Yay! This gives me hope because I'm sick of rotating the like 4 totally overworn bottoms that I've bought post-pregnancy. Well, really if you add in the dorky pants I bought strictly for more formal occassions, I've got 6 overworn bottoms, but I try to save those for church, auditions, and funerals.
Speaking of auditions, I went to my first audition in nearly two years Saturday. I rocked the socks off that material, but since I haven't heard anything yet, I'm starting to think that the love fest was not mutual. Oh, well, it felt good to get out there and they are definitely the ones who are losing out. They didn't let me read for any of the character parts, which I think I would have really impressed them with, so I'm sure that's part of the problem. And they asked MY AGE on the audition sheet! Can you believe it? I just left it blank. I mean, this is acting, you tell ME how old I am. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed since it was an awesome script. There are auditions for another play this weekend, so I'll try that if I don't hear back soon. Of course, the auditions this weekend involve a 2 minute dramatic monologue, so I'll have to see what I can dig up and polish off from my archives. Oogh, I hate monologues.

No comments: