Monday, March 19, 2007

Our backyard and Stella kidnapped by Space Aliens


If you can see the stakes, those are where the corners of our house will be. The driveway is on the left, btw. And this is our future backyard. With TREES! Lots of 'em. Our lot does not back up to the farm, unfortunately, we were looking at the wrong lot, but instead it has lots of trees. Trees which are supposed to stay there. It is a heavily wooded lot. So lots of shade and will be really pretty, IMO. There are also a couple of trees in the front yard, which you can kind of see here:

The large one on the right may go away, since it looks like it's pretty much on the property line between us and our neighbors. That would be sad, though, since it's such a nice big tree.
Although it looks like it's out of fence danger, so maybe it's safe. Our neighbors can have it, just don't tear it down!
In other news, my sweet, fun, self-entertaining, easy to get to sleep, happy child has been kidnapped by space aliens and replaced with a whiny, clingy, won't sleep, temper-tantrum throwing hellion. I've read that babies around a year old start to exhibit above behaviors, but I'm holding out hope that if I offer the space aliens enough ransom, they'll return my little angel and take back this demon. I hear the demon awakening, in fact, guess I'd better go sacrifice a goat or something to appease it.



1 comment:

Tara said...

What a lovely patch of dirt you've got there! The trees are nice, I hope that they really do keep most of them.

Sorry to hear about devil baby and all. I hope she makes it at least back to imp if she can't climb all the way back to angel in time for her party, cause I'm fresh out of goats.