Thursday, March 08, 2007

Marriage MeMe

got this one from new mama kelli

1. Where/How did you meet? UT. I auditioned for a play Tim had written and directed called Good Thoughts. I thought he was so cute and tried to flirt with him at auditions, but he was kind of a smart ass. Then he kept calling me back up to read for the lead, and I knew I had it. Sure enough, when the cast list went up a couple of days later, I was on it.

2. How long have you known each other?: 10 years and 5 months

3. How long after you met did you start dating?: About a week.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?: 2 years. In fact, Tim was supposed to propose on our 2 year anniversary, but the ring didn’t come in on time, so he proposed a week later.

5. How long was your engagement?: 7 months

6. How long have you been married?: 7 years and 10 months

7. What is your anniversary?: May 15, 1999, the 90’s, woah!

8. How many people came to your wedding reception: no clue. Around 50? A lot less than we invited. A lot of my family just “couldn’t drive all the way from East Texas”, even though Tim had family fly in all the way from Michigan!

9. What kind of cake did you serve? White cake with raspberry frosting. It was 3 tiers of cake with strawberries on top, but the tiers weren’t stacked, they were stair-stepped on different stands, making kind of made a waterfall. Hard to explain. We were supposed to have a bride and groom Mulder and Scully, but Erin and I never got around to making it. Kind of glad in retrospect, how geeky! The groom’s cake was chocolate cake with Chocolate icing and had a chocolate covered strawberry groom and bride on it. We wanted to put comedy and tragedy masks on it, but couldn’t find the right graphic.

10. Where was your wedding?: University Christian Church just next to the UT Campus. The reception was at the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs Mansion

11. What did you serve for your meal?: We had finger foods, little sandwiches, veggies, fruits, punch, etc.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?: 5 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen. Our groomsmen kept dropping out or not returning our calls.

13. Are you still friends with them all?: Unfortunately, no. We haven’t talked to our best man, David, in years. Also, one of our groomsmen is no longer in the family because of a divorce.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?: I don’t think so.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?: hard to say. One moment was that I was all teary, but then when we were exchanging rings, I noticed Tim was actually shaking and having trouble putting on my ring. I had to help him put on my ring and that made me forget my own emotinal-ness. I also liked that Tim and I drove around campus to get a cigarette in before the reception. We got some funny looks! Most fun moment was dancing with all our friends at the reception. Everyone boogied their butts off!

16. Any funny moments?: My cousin, Maddie, who was the flower girl, refused to drop the petals on the way down the aisle. She dropped them on the way out. Also, when my Mom was calling and bugging me and Erin, my roommate at the time, ran interference for me. That was awesome.

17. Any big disasters?: My Great-Aunt Ruby, who turned 90 yesterday, fell down the stairs on her way out and I didn’t realize what had happened and I was trying to get everyone back into the room for the toast and stuff. I felt so bad when my cousin said that Aunt Ruby had fallen down the stairs. She was okay, though.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?: San Francisco. Our flight was like at 7am, so we had to get up at 4:30am the day after our wedding. That was hard. But San Fran was beautiful and amazing. We stayed at the Hotel Boheme in North Beach, just down from the City Lights bookstore.

19. How long were you gone? 5 days.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have invited more people locally, who would have actually come. I would have spent less on the invitations so I could send more out. I would have made things a bit classier, and I would have had Erin and Anna as bridesmaids. I also would have made Sarah my maid of honor. It would have meant so much to her and I realize that it wasn’t a big deal to Diane (she totally considered it an honor, but she would not have been hurt if she hadn’t been.)

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?: Left, but right after Stella was born until she was 6mos, I slept on the right because it was next to her bassinet.

22. What size is your bed?: King sleep number. I love it!

23. Greatest strength as a couple?: We understand each other because we’re both total weirdos:)

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?: hmm…. I would say video games, and I’m sure Tim has something I do that bugs him.

25. Who literally pays the bills?: Me. I handle all the finances.

26. What is your song? “You’re Too Good to Be True, Can’t Take My Eyes off of You” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

27. What did you dance your first dance to?: same song.

28. Describe your wedding dress: Candlelight (white, essentially), empire-waisted A-line with beaded detail at the top of the bodice, at the empire waisting, and up the back.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?: I carried a bouquet of white roses, my maid of honor carried a bouquet of some sort of purple flower, and my bridesmaids each carried a single purple flower that i think was a orchid. or a lily. I'm awful with flowers!

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? No. We need to get Tim a new band as he can no longer get it off. I got a new engagement ring for Christmas and it is Gor-geous!

Extra bonus: For pictures of Tim and I from our engagement and wedding go to: http://www.tamaracampbell.com/main.htm
She still uses us as the buttons for the sections!

I tag all my married female friends with blogs for this one: Mindy, Kate, Ashley, Christine, Julie, Marsha.