Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sweeeeeeet Potatoes!


So Sweet Potatoes = 1 hour of sleep for Stella. We gave her vegetables at dinner last night and she woke up at 4:30am instead of 3 or 3:30. So she technically slept through the night. Yay! As I ambled to the bathroom before changing her I had running through my head, "I'd like to thank the Academy for this wonderful honor..." As you can probably tell, it's been a while since she slept that long. She still got up at 6:30, though, unfortunately. I think that is just how her body works. So Stella ate two meals yesterday: cereal for lunch and sweet potatoes for dinner. Stella was not crazy about the sweet potatoes. She'd eat them, but every few bites she'd give a little shudder like, "okay, I'll eat this because I'll eat anything, but this is kind of gross." She's definitely her father's daughter. He'd shudder and then eat them. I'd shudder and then throw them at the person who served them to me. In this case, however, I thought the sweet potatoes were pretty good. And I normally don't even like sweet potatoes! So perhaps if Stella doesn't eat the rest of the sweet potatoes, I'll just eat them. Wow, this post is probably going to come up number one in google when you search for sweet potatoes. I think I've used that phrase about 300 times in one paragraph.

Dude, baby food is expensive! The sweet potatoes (reference # 301) were two for $1.29, and they were the cheapest veggies they had! Granted, they were organic (nothing but the best for our little monkey), but still. Totally ridiculous. I once had this grand plan to make all of her food from scratch with vegetables I grew myself in my garden. I thought I'd sew all her clothes and even my own. What a joke. I still haven't sewn the curtains for our room despite having bought the fabric about 3 months ago. My goals for each day now are a shower, two meals and cleaning the kitchen. And usually laundry. Usually lots of laundry. I totally don't mind doing laundry though, but I do think it's funny how some days the washer seems to be going constantly!

This morning, Stella totally crawled. Well, I guess creeped, but she was moving her legs in the proper way to be crawling. It was so cool. Well, what I saw of it was cool. She was playing on the floor next to me while I was reading other people blogging about their daughter and when I looked up Stella was no longer lying perpindicular to me on the blanket on the floor. She was lying parallel to me and half her body was on the tile and half was on the blanket and she was totally trying to move herself along. I'm embarassed to say I missed it, both with my eyes and my camera. But she only seems to do these grand things when I'm ignoring her. The first time she rolled over I was totally not paying attention, and she does all kinds of exciting things in Yoga while I'm not focused on her. So I ignore her when she plays ON PURPOSE! That's right, yep, that's it, I'm pushing her.

By the way, you should totally read the blog I linked to, Sweet Juniper, it is fantastic. Juniper's parents are great writers and really inspire me. I wish I could be as eloquent. Actually, Tim and I were discussing this because a friend of ours has an awesome blog where every month he writes these really beautiful letters to his daughter, talking about all she's done the previous month and how much he loves her. They make you get all misty eyed. And Tim was saying he just can't write like that, not honestly anyway. And I thought that was funny because he's a writer. He can write fake situations with people saying those sort of things, but not real ones. And I don't think I really can either. I guess we all have different gifts, and being able to write about our feelings for our loved ones is not a skill we have. I did used to write poetry, perhaps I should try that as a way to express myself. Although I'm sure as hell not going to do it on my blog, I don't want to get laughed at!

No comments: