Monday, September 11, 2006

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays!

Today has most definitely been a Monday. I didn't think I would still have crappy Mondays once I was a SAHM. But Stella gets totally wonky on Mondays. I think it's because her Daddy's not around and she's off. This morning she slept until 9, so it may be my fault since I didn't wake her up. She normally gets up at 7:30 and hasn't slept until 9 in eons. But today I've spent most of my time trying to get her to sleep, then she'll only sleep for half an hour. It's exhausting. My shoulders and arms hurt from trying to rock her. And she cries hysterically whenever I try to put her down for a nap. Like I'm physically hurting her. It's awful and definitely a new development, she's been much better at going down for naps lately.

Icing on the cake: this afternoon after spending 30 minutes failing at trying to get her to nap, I came downstairs to find Roxie eating the baguette I had bought for dinner tonight. I had left it on the floor because I didn't have time to put all the groceries away (just the cold stuff), before Stella got hungry. Argh, that damn dog! Then some weird lady with a really thick accent calls about Zombie tickets. She needed me to recite all the dates and then asked, "are you a student at UT?" Uh, no. She called twice more while I was nursing Stella and didn't leave a message. Dude, I cannot deal with you today! I don't even know where she got the number. The show doesn't open for two and a half weeks!

Now I'm trying to decide if I should be responsible and finish putting the groceries away, or stare at my computer in a catatonic state, which is what I really want to do.

No comments: