Thursday, September 21, 2006

Friday Flicks Answers

And I thought the theme was really easy. It is Books made into Movies (points to Beth).
1) Tom Ripley in The Talented Mr. Ripley
points to The Holmes
2) Cher in Clueless (based on Emma by Jane Austen)
points to Jay
3) The Virgin Suicides
points to The Holmes
4) Bridget Jones’ Diary: Bridget (Renee Zellweger), on phone, while in bed wth Daniel Cleaver
points to jeana (i thought everyone would get this, since it was in the preview)
5) A Christmas Story the Dad (based on In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd
points to Kelli
6) Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Aslan
points to Kelli
7) The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Necie, Sidda and Caro
points to Jeana
8) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Ron
points to Carrie
9) Lolita, Humbert Humbert
points to MamaChristy (isn't that a great book, even though it's so hard to read? I've never seen the movie though)
10) About a Boy, Will (Hugh Grant)
points to Jeana

points for showing up to all youse guys. Now, Kelli, did I do this right?

2 comments:

MamaChristy said...

Thanks for posting the answers, Julie. Yes, Lolita was a good book, thought it took me a while to realize that I wasn't really reading anything dirty. After all I'd heard, I kind of thought it would be smut but then I remembered that it's considered a classic. There is classic smut, I suppose, but I think that's a little different. I haven't seen the movie either and I'm afraid that it can't be as good as the book. Perhaps I'll get around to renting it one day.

Carrie said...

never saw clueless all the way through. i didn't know it was based on emma - i loved that book. i'll have to go rent the movie.

good job julie!