Wednesday, December 05, 2007

19 Hours to go-what's going to go wrong?

I am a bundle of nerves. My stomach is doing flip-flops. There are only 19 hours until we close, but I just have trouble believing that it's really going to happen. My realtor is supposed to call me as soon as the title company gets together our settlement statement so I can know how much to get the cashier's check for. The title company is waiting on the Good Faith Estimate from our lender so that they can do the settlement statement. Why oh why does this all have to wait until the last minute? They have known we were going to close on the 6th for 30 days. I just know somebody's going to screw up something and it's not going to happen. Luckily, my bank opens at 9am in the morning and we close at 10, so I can still get the cashier's check in the morning, but I'd sure feel a whole lot more confident if I got it this afternoon. I think I can breathe a sigh of relief once I have the settlement amount. Of course, Tim said we won't truly be calm again until we get the keys tomorrow. I think he's right. Oh how I wish it was 24 hours from now and hopefully everything will have gone off without a hitch!

3 comments:

yer mama said...

It's a feeling that I can totally relate to! We were so scared that somehow our buyers would change their minds. Even signing and handing over the keys was not enough. I don't think I felt better till it funded and we got our money and a phone call from Paul. Then and only then did I relax.

yer mama said...

Oh and I'm sure nothing will go wrong to the point that you wouldn't get your house!

If so you could sue sue sue! YAY!

Kate said...

At this point with our house we were doing lines of TUMS and doing shots of Pepto-Bismol, so I feel your pain.

It's going to go fine!