Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rain Glorious Rain!

Or Super Crappy Night is Made Better by Sooper Awesome Morning.
Stella is really teething. No really, I mean it, she's finally in the teething shit now. Night before last she woke up several times with it. In fact, at one point, about 12:30am, she was chewing on her pacifier for relief. Last night she woke up at least every two hours and I had to nurse her to get her back to sleep. It was obvious she wanted some comfort because her teeth hurt her. Poor thing. Poor me.
But then, this morning, Tim took her on their run. He got back about 20 till 8. Then I heard him come out of the bathroom and instead of handing Stella off to me, I heard her playing in her exersaucer. I still didn't dare take the pillow off my head. Then I didn't hear her anymore. "Oh, that's so sweet, he took her down with him to eat breakfast", I thought. Then I looked at the clock and it was 8:30 and still Stella had not been returned to me, "he must be driving" I thought. Then 9:30 and I realized that he must be working from home! I didn't want to stir, although I finally did because I thought Stella was probably getting hungry. I came downstairs and it was pouring rain (outside, of course), and Stella was sleeping in the crook of Tim's arm as he slept on the couch. It was adorable. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to wake them up. So I curled up on the other end, joined by Roxie and Lucy, and just enjoyed listening to the rain and the thunder and the lightening. Of course, I found out the reason Tim was staying home was that he'd unfortunately hurt his knee, so hopefully that's a temporary problem, but it was so nice to get a chance to rest after the horrible night we'd had last night.

1 comment:

Kate said...

So sorry about the teething and knee hurting, but oh glorious rain and sleep with the people you love.