Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Baby's Growing Up Way too Fast!


I am having a maudlin "Stella is growing up way too fast" day today. I don't know why. Perhaps because I was already having a weird "off" day and feeling down in the dumps, (kind of like PMS, but I don't have that right now. Sorry, TMI), just feeling depressed for no reason. Then I went through some pictures to send to my Grandmother of Stella, and I saw how tiny she once was and how big she's getting. She's so cool now, so much more fun than she was when she was brand new and tiny, like at the left, but sometimes I miss how fragile she used to feel. And it feels like her "babyhood" is running out. I thought of her weaning the other night and instantly my eyes filled up with tears. I know I still have a few months, but I don't plan to do extended nursing for a myriad of reasons, and so it will be here sooner than I think. It's such a special time to bond with her, and just gaze at her and hold her, I don't want to give that up and watch her go from a baby to a little girl. God, I'm being so melodramatic, sitting here, typing, my eyes welling up. I've got to go get Stella, speaking of, she's waking up. She keeps me from getting too introspective, thank God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie... I know... Leanne tells me she used to cry when the boys changed diaper sizes but it's also true that they grow up to get more and more enjoyable. (And in some cases more... uh... challenging...)

When I first started seeing Leanne and sharing time with the boys, I could still carry Garrett from the car to bed up a flight of stairs to Leanne's apartment on the second floor.

As of today? I am picking Garrett up from rehearsal at school tonight and we've got a date to see The Rudes' "Have You Ever Been Assasinated?"

Both situations are delicious!

Love and Laughter,
Joni