I plan to blog about our Michigan Extravaganza, but decided to do this first:
HOLIDAY TIME MEME
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I think Egg Nog is totally gross.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
When I was a kid, Santa set the presents from him under the tree and my parents wrapped the ones they gave us. Santa's presents were always arranged for maximum "wow" factor;) Guess we'll have to decide how to do it with Stella.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
white, white, white. I think colored lights look tacky. I love white lights, they are so beautiful.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Usually the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving, but since we went to Michigan this year and just got back into town yesterday evening, I'm going to give myself a break and do them next weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My mom's dressing.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
I have several, but a couple include: Going to Picadilly at the mall with my family on my Dad's side and spending the entire dinner begging my parents to take us back to my Grandma's house so we could open presents. It was always the longest dinner of the year! Also running downstairs on Christmas morning to find all my loot;) And when I got to be a teenager with a driver's license, I liked surprising my parents by stuffing their stockings.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was 9. I saw my parents bringing Keith and I's Alf dolls in from my Dad's truck. I knew it was over, but I didn't tell my brother.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Usually. Something boring like underwear or socks.
10. What kind of decorations are on your tree?
The colors are lilac, light blue, and silver. We also an ornament when we travel somewhere (the latest is one from MSU), and we have a tradition where we get each other one each year. Although Tim usually forgets to get one for me:)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it! We never have it. The last time we had it was in February a couple of years ago and our friends were over and we all had a snowball fight. One of the top 5 experiences in my life. Oh, and experiencing snow falling in Times Square in NYC on Christmas Day. Amazing!
12. Can you ice skate?
Absolutely not. I'm pathetic. (I'm borrowing Kelli's response because it's true)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Honestly, no, but I'm always happy to have anything:)
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family and eating way too much food!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Fudge, peanut brittle, Pecan SAndies (or Sandy Duncans as I called them as a child)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Timing the Thomas unwrapping extravaganza to see if we will set a new record for Longest Christmas Ever.
17. What tops your tree?
A lit up white star, I think.
18. Which do you prefer? Giving or receiving?
Giving, I love giving the perfect gift. Although I love getting it too!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
20. Candy canes: Yuck or yummy?